Please see our Facebook page for our current menus
Northern sands Team had a well deserved night off to celebrate winning Scottish Hotel Restaurant of the year 2022 at the Food Awards Scotland held at the Marriot Hotel in Glasgow on Monday evening.
We are very lucky to have had such a busy year but it is also exhausting for the team, so the party night couldn’t of come at better time. The night was well attended although sadly we are missing a few faces who couldn’t make it.
Super proud of these guys, hospitality is a very challenging sector and winning this award has totally given us a boost that we are doing something right! We are very thankful to our customers for the fab reviews we receive and their regular visits.
Since Martin Nicolson bought the hotel in 2016 and completely renovated and reopening in 2017 it’s taken 5 years to build up the reputation of a good reliable place to eat with friendly professional service, we are delighted that it has been recognised and aim to keep up the good work.
Myself (Company Manager), Darren Munro (Head Chef), Stefan Cunningham (Sous Chef), Ryan Colquhoun (Chef de partie) have been in the team since opening in May 2017 with Julie Bain (Head Waitress) & Rebecca Mcphee (Head Housekeeper) joining not long after, the hotel was still very busy with bookings so sadly we couldn’t all go, straws were drawn and Myself, Darren & Ryan were lucky enough to go attend the awards ceremony. Stefan, Julie & Rebecca are holding the awards in the group picture taken in NSH Links Restaurant on Friday night.
- SOUP OF THE DAY (GF)Served with seeded wholemeal or gluten free bread
- CULLEN SKINK (GF)Smoked haddock, potato & onion soup
- VENISON TERRINEServed with pickled red onion & mushroom ketchup
- LOCALLY HOT SMOKED TROUT (GF)With braised fennel, chive, crème fraiche and dressed leaves
- LOCALLY SMOKED HADDOCK (GF)With charred asparagus, poached egg and hollandaise sauce
- ORZO PASTA SALAD (V, GF PASTA AVAILABLE)With roasted peppers, courgettes, pine nuts and baby herbs
- CHARRED TOFU (V, DF, GF)With spaghetti vegetables, toasted sesame seeds and soy sauce
- 8OZ GAMMON STEAK (GF)With a fried egg, handcut chips & peas
- ROAST RUMP OF LOCAL LAMB (GF)Dauphinoise potatoes, roast carrot, carrot purée, lamb sauce and peashoots
- TRADITIONAL MACARONI CHEESE (V)Salad, hand cut chips & garlic bread
- ROAST BREAST OF FREE RANGE CHICKENCreamed potato, haggis, seasonal vegetables & wholegrain mustard sauce (GF without haggis)
- THE CLASSIC BURGER6oz beef burger with mayo, lettuce & relish
- 8oz CAITHNESS SIRLOIN STEAKCooked to your liking, served with tomato, mushrooms, onion rings & chunky chips (Gluten Free onion rings available)
- 8OZ CAITHNESS FILLET STEAK (GF, DF)Cooked to your liking, served with tomato, mushrooms, GF onion rings & handcut chips
- BREAST OF FREE-RANGE CHICKEN BURGERBreast of free range chicken, corn relish, barbecue sauce, gem lettuce & mayonnaise
SampleFish & Sea
- SCRABSTER HADDOCKIn beer batter or breaded, served with chunky chips, peas & tartar sauce (gluten free breadcrumbs available)
- SCRABSTER SEAFOOD PIE (GF)With dressed salad (seafood will vary depending on availability)
- GRILLED LEMON SOLE (GF)Roasted garlic potatoes, capers & pancetta beurre noisette
- SELECTION OF CAPALDI’S ICE CREAM (V)Choose from vanilla, chocolate or strawberry
- WARM CHOCOLATE CAKE (V, GF)With berry compote & honeycomb ice cream
- SPICED APPLE FLAVOURED DOUGHNUTS (V)With chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, apple & vanilla purée
- ORKNEY FUDGE CHEESECAKE (V)With whipped cream & fudge pieces
- HIGHLAND ROAST COFFEE CRÈME BRÛLÉEWith pistachio biscuit (GF without biscuit)
- SELECTION OF SCOTTISH CHEESESChutney and Caithness oatcakes
- TORREÓN DE PARADES CHARDONNATropical fruit aromas like pineapple & banana with floral notes
- AVENDA MERLOTSoft black plum fruit flavour with hints of herb
- LA PODEROSA MALBECCherry & plum with a delicate touch of vanilla
GF = Gluten Free – V = Vegetarian
Please note all our food is cooked fresh for you so may take a bit longer but we are sure you will agree it will be worth the wait
SANDWICHES (GF available)
MERINGUE & CREAM
Gluten Free available on request
- FROM A SELECTION OF AFTERNOON TEA OPTIONSAFTERNOON TEA (OPTIONS WITH PROSECCO OR ROCK ROSE GIN & FEVER TREE TONIC)
- SNACKSWide range of snack options from Soups, Wraps, Sandwiches (Gluten Free Bread or Seeded Wholemeal),Toasted Ciabatta & Baked Potato